Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Germany is Awesome!

Germany is awesome. I am in a town called Wuppertal, pronounced Vuppertaal, really far from Frankfurt, North. It is pretty cold all the time, and not sunny barely ever. My companion is Elder Eddy, from New Mexico, and he is super cool, he leaves in February. I am in an internet pay as you go thing, not a library. We travel by train and bus everywhere, and by foot of course. The trains and buses are way better here than AZ, we have this card that let's us get on any public transportation thing for free, and you don't even have to show it to anybody to get on or off! sweet, but there are occasionally people who go around who check to see if you are carrying it with you, and if you don't you get fined 40 Euro. We try and do alot of street contacting, and it's a lot harder than it sounds, especially when you ask someone a question that they respond to, and you don't understand what they said, ugh... My German is getting better all the time though, and I can understand almost everything people say that is related to the church, but when they start talking about other stuff, I'm done. The mission president , Ninow, is pretty cool, very pensive, and cautious about all the decisions he makes, which is good, he seems nice. we didn't get pictures with him, so I don't know when those will get to you if ever, sorry. We can totally have guitars here in the mission, so I am going to buy one, hopefully, less than 100 Euros, with my personal funds, so that'll be cool. I have eaten over at 5 families already, and the food is really good. All the families are really nice, and just like American families, except in German :) I haven't been able to get an ornament yet, i don't know if i will, they're all pretty much the same over here as in America. I am going to have to get a new scarf and my big coat taken in someday, it is too bulky looking, and i don't want to look fatter than I'm not. We haven't had any new investigators yet, we have some right now, but I have not taught any lessons to them, and all three of them did not come to church, so we'll have to do some major finding time all over the place to find someone. I am probably part of the problem that we have not found anyone yet, I am still scared to talk to people and not able to ask the right questions, but I have to keep practicing and get better, Elder Eddy is really good at it, so we'll see what happens. All the water here is carbonated, And it is gross, its like drinking flat sprite, it is called Mineralwasser, everyone loves it here, and I have heard that you have to get used to it, so I guess I will. The flight over was normal international flight, and I am still pretty tired, but not too bad. Well, Two and a half weeks until Christmas, and I will talk to you then, sweet, and steve and tausha too, huh, awesome. I don't have anything else to say other than it's hard. It's already been a week, and I have a long way to go, so pray for me :) I know you are every night and day, just sayin', well, I'll talk to you later! Tschuss! Lieber, Elder Bentz aka Mooker